Location: This position can be based anywhere (Remote)
MachIQ (Machines + IQ) is a Basel-based SaaS company in the Industry 4.0 space. With a mission to help our customers make the most of their machines, we are a leading multi-brand platform for industrial asset management, connecting industrial operators and machine builders in the Process Manufacturing Industry.
We are a results-driven, international team (6+ nationalities) speaking over a dozen languages that are brought together by a passion to make the industrial activity more human-centric. With over 100,000 machines going online on our platform in 2019 alone, we are now entering a phase of rapid expansion and intend to expand our outreach to companies in the food and beverages industry.
Your role at MachIQ
We are looking for a UI/UX designer to join our team and help us continue developing our software into easy-to-use products for our clients. In this role, you will gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers, illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps, design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets. You will also participate in designing marketing materials (Website, video, print…).
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the softwares function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images
- 3+ years of work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Fluent in English
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Sketch and Abstract)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Knowledge of prototyping tools (e.g. Principle, Adobe XD, …)
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effect and Premiere Pro is a plus.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent